Gort Cancer Support offers a confidential community based cancer support service to anyone affected by a cancer diagnosis. We adopt a holistic approach towards our clients and their family members by providing a range of activities and social events, which will enhance our clients' wellbeing and coping skills.
Our cancer support centre is managed and operated by trained volunteers with the assistance of administrative staff and professional therapists.
Gort Cancer Support is an organisation that is inclusive of all and values difference by ensuring that its services are relevant and accessible to all.
We value and embrace diversity and recognise that people with different backgrounds, cultures and experiences can benefit our organisation.
Gort Cancer Support Group Limited strives to provide a caring, confidential, equitable and high quality local community based cancer support service that promotes holistic, positive well-being in a safe haven environment, for anyone affected by cancer.
Donors have the right to be assured that their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given. Gort Cancer Support Group Limited shall respect the rights of donors to be informed about the causes for which the charity is fundraising; to be informed about how their donation is being used; and to have their names deleted from mailing lists or databases if so requested.
When raising funds, Gort Cancer Support Group Ltd will accurately describe its activities and needs. Our policies and practices will ensure that any donations received will be used solely to further our organisation's mission. Where donations are made for a specific purpose, the donor's request will be honoured. If the charity invites the general public to donate to a specific cause, then Gort Cancer Support Group Ltd will have a plan for handling any shortfall or excess.
Donors have the right to be informed of the status and authority of those soliciting donations; for example, donors will be informed if fundraisers are employees of the organisation or third party agents.
All persons fundraising directly for Gort Cancer Support Group Ltd will carry photo identification and Garda permit where required.
Gort Cancer Support Group Ltd considers the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising when planning all fundraising activity.
Good Practice Statement
This cancer support service is committed to the following principles of good practice:
- We promote equality, access and inclusiveness.
- We have respect for each other, our members and our clients.
- We have a clear mission and management structure.
- We document, organise and plan our work.
- We plan and evaluate our efforts.
- We comply with relevant legislation and ensure adherence to the agreed standard where no legislation applies.
- Our therapies are carried out by professional practitioners.
- Our practitioners are suitably qualified.
- We provide relevant vetting and training for our staff and volunteers.
- We respect the dignity and privacy of our team and service users.
- We comply with the Data Protection Act.
- Our confidentiality policy is readily available and is shared with our service users.
Gort Cancer Support complies with The Governance Code for the Community, Voluntary and Charitable Sector in Ireland. Click here to view the document